I am recruiting for an interim Governance, Quality and Risk Lead for an NHS organisation. This is an 8a assignment for a minimum of 3 months.
- To work as an integral part of the management team and to lead the governance, quality and safety agenda;
- Make recommendations and advise on systems and processes to support the delivery of safer quality care as a senior manager and support the embedding of Trust culture and values into all services;
- Lead the development, co-ordination and implementation of effective risk management strategies, working with colleagues to ensure an integrated approach to patient safety and embedding a positive risk management culture;
- Oversee the delivery of quality and safety initiatives, including monitoring of trends, providing assurance to the Clinical Director, the Head of Midwifery & Nursing, the General Manager, Heads of Services, Matrons and Business Managers and to the Trust Executive, Board Sub-Committees and Speciality Team Meetings. This will include progress with serious incidents (SIs) and their associated actions, analysis of themes and trends and lessons learned;
- Advise the Clinical Director, HoN/HoM and General Manager and provide leadership and direction to local staff in ensuring the organisation is prepared for compliance assessments both internally and via external agencies such as the Care Quality Commission (CQC);
- The role will require close working and cooperation with the Corporate Clinical Governance functions and leads, and will work in accordance with Trust directed standards for delivery and assurance.
The successful candidate:
- Registered Nurse or Midwife with NMC with substantial experience at a senior level (Band 7 or above);
- Experience of co-ordinating external assessments in an Acute Trust.
For further information, please contact Louise Griffiths on 0161 241 9665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org