Finegreen are recruiting on behalf of a leading independent healthcare provider. This is an excellent opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager to join their Theatre Department within a private hospital based in Buckinghamshire.
This role is a full time position working 37.5 hours per week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Shifts will cover Monday to Saturday as required by the business.
The salary is competitive up to £56,000 per annum, depending on experience.
- Undertake and delegate the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while coordinating the management of the theatre team (clinical and admin)
- Provide safe quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care by ensuring all departmental members deliver quality patient care, being achieved within the available resources and agreed departmental budget
- Provide appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department
- Deputise for colleagues as appropriate
- Monitor and assist in the delivery of patient care
- Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply and ensure others apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs
- Ensure patient safety checks are carried out in line with policy
- Undertake departmental HR activities
- Develop and support business initiatives, polices and strategies which improve the service delivered to all our customers
- Responsible for locally leading and implementing the decontamination programme
- Establish, maintain and encourage communication covering complex and challenging topics with various groups
- Delegate appropriate activities to other staff
- Achievement of the theatre budget and specific Key Performance Indicators
The successful candidate:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration
- Substantial post-registration experience within an Operating Theatre environment with experience in a supervisory/team leadership role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead a department
- Competent across a range of clinical skills supported by professional competence and knowledge
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards
- Financial awareness with an appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission.
- Track record of delivering against targets and change management
- Management qualification desirable
- Educated to degree level desirable
- Experience of working in the Independent Sector desirable
My client offers career progression; extensive training and a competitive benefits package which includes 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, childcare vouchers, Defined Contribution Pension scheme up to 4.5% matched by employer, bi-annual health screening, life assurance and private medical insurance.
This is an excellent job opportunity to advance and develop your career with one of the leading private healthcare organisations. For further information and details please email your CV to email@example.com or contact Zoe Allen on 0161 416 6086.