A leading NHS organisation is looking to appoint an experienced Senior Nurse to work operationally within a surgical setting.
- Responsible for leading the ward/department team, co-ordinating the delivery of patient care within the clinical environment;
- Through clinical leadership, knowledge of the Trust’s core values and utilisation of effective management skills will ensure that the ward/department team is informed, trained and developed to enable care to be delivered to patients;
- Achieved through appropriate deployment and supervision of staff, and practice and professional development;
- This role will operate within the clinical governance framework of the organisation and will work in a collaborative approach with the multidisciplinary team in the interests of developing and promoting high quality patient care;
- As a clinical leader all activities provide the opportunities for acting as a role model for staff;
- Maintain professional and courteous working relationships with staff and respect the equality and diversity of each and every person he/she comes into contact with in the course of his/her business;
- Providing clear direction and leadership for nurses with regard to legal, ethical and professional dimensions or care;
- Promoting an organisational philosophy and structure philosophy which enables appropriate delegation of authority to all levels and encourages staff to take up development opportunities, within existing or new roles.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Registered Nurse (adult) evidence of ongoing professional development;
- Managerial experience at senior Band 7/Band 8a in an acute setting, preferably surgery.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 or email email@example.com