Finegreen are recruiting on behalf of a private independent living/care home operator for two Operations Managers. The role is homebased, however you will be expected to work in the Head Office in the West Midlands one day per week and the rest of the week will be spent in various site locations.
My Client is looking to recruit two Operations Managers cover the North and South regions.
The purpose of the role is to lead the operational business in established locations and be responsible for providing excellent financial performance, high quality care, hospitality and customer service in a first-class environment.
The ideal candidate will support the Site Managers in managing all aspects of the established company’s operation in order to meet, or exceed, profit targets whilst delivering high quality care, hospitality and support services to residents in accordance with company standards and in compliance with all regulatory and statutory obligations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To assist with the preparation of the annual budgets and targets for the villages and to subsequently accept ownership and responsibility for the delivery of trading performance in line with, or in excess of, such budget and targets.
- To monitor the performance of the established sites through accounting and reporting, including monitoring occupancy levels, fee levels, aged debt and expenditure and agreeing fee rates, payment terms and funding, where appropriate.
- To identify and develop new opportunities (products and services) to meet or exceed customer satisfaction and improve profitability of individual sites.
- To drive operating efficiency and effectiveness and contribute to, understand and be familiar with the existing strategy and objectives of the organisation;
- To be responsible for the delivery of best practice and excellent standards of care and customer service within existing sites;
- To take responsibility for health and safety requirements and needs within the existing sites and ensure adherence to the appropriate legislation;
- To ensure that all new policies and directives are successfully implemented within existing sites;
- To gather and analyse data and use it to plan and manage the business;
- To carefully monitor competitor activities and make astute decisions as to when to lead and when to follow market shifts;
- To build relationships with key external stake-holders – including regulators, local authorities, NHS, government, trade bodies, media key identified partners, competitors, in order to drive commercial success.
Care and Quality
- To ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements (including CQC, Health and Safety);
- To ensure adherence throughout the existing site to all operational, administrative, nursing, care and professional standards to enable residents’ care and social needs to be met at all times;
- To ensure appropriate clinical governance and internal monthly audits are carried out and appropriate actions taken and any external audits are completed as necessary;
- To implement the learning from all serious incidents, complaints, relevant clinical audits and residents surveys;
- To provide incident management support;
- To ensure concerns raised by staff or residents are listened to, acted upon & escalated as appropriate and ensure feedback is given.
- To support, guide and motivate the Managers at existing sites enabling them to maximise performance against key care quality, health and safety and financial targets;
- To be responsible for the personal development of each of the Managers and support their training and development and that of the Heads of Department and staff;
- To ensure that all existing sites comply with all relevant people legislation and assist with investigations, disciplinaries, as required.
The successful candidate:
- Excellent interpersonal, team-working and relationship building skills;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills;
- Ability to demonstrate an empathy and caring nature towards those in care, including handling complaints and queries appropriately;
- Excellent budgeting and financial awareness as well as clear-sighted operational management;
- Knowledge of legislation and regulation to ensure consistent organisational compliance;
- Knowledge of similar businesses or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from similar markets;
- Track record of leading a management team to exceed targeted business results in terms of customer satisfaction, profit and growth;
- Significant management experience at a senior level in a small/medium sized enterprise;
- At least 5 years’ experience of line management and at least one senior role in a staff/support function;
- Substantial experience of customer-centric organisations with highly developed customer-service operations and skills in delivering excellent customer services;
- Track record of leading a management team to exceed targeted business results in terms of customer satisfaction, profit and growth.
- Knowledge and experience of formulating policies and procedures;
- Knowledge and experience of networking and establishing relationships with health professionals, such as CCGs, GPs, local authority, health authority, etc;
- A minimum 2:2 degree in any subject or an alternative equivalent health or management-related qualification;
- NVQ Level 4 – Registered Managers Award or equivalent;
- Multi-site management experience, preferably in health and social care or related markets;
- Accomplished in contributing to and delivering business strategy and delivering a step-change in growth.
This will be a permanent post, offering a competitive salary of up to £75,000 per annum, plus car allowance and bonus.
To request a copy of the job description or to schedule a confidential discussion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or contact Zoe Allen on 0161 416 6086.