We are currently supporting a large NHS organisation based in London in the appointment of a Nursing operations candidate for a period of 12 months looking after mixed specialty environment which includes Tissue viability, Orthopaedic surgery, Spinal Cord Injury care, and aspects of Pain management.
- Lead the nursing team and be professional role model, mentor and coach;
- Responsibility for the provision of clinical care and standards within the specialities;
- Responsible for co-ordinating and make effective use of staff, supervise staff and ensure training is maintained;
- Ensure adequate staffing levels and provide clinical leadership for staff;
- Act as a role model and leader to nursing staff, ensure cost effective use of resources;
- Practice according to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct;
- Assess care needs for patients, planning, implementing and evaluating care for individual patients;
- Ensure nursing care is delivered in a holistic manner using an individualised approach;
- Ensure that all patients receive a high standard of nursing care;
- Co-ordinate the admission and discharge planning process in conjunction with the Access and Discharge Co-ordinator and the multi-disciplinary team;
- Discuss with patients/ carers and relatives any problems or changes relating to planned care and treatment;
- Participates and facilitates in the promotion of patient education and health promotion;
- Ensure that all patient documentation is accurate and comprehensive;
- Undertake extended roles of care within the unit as authorised by the Nursing Advisory Committee.
A successful candidate will have:
- RN1, RN2, RN12, RN15 registered on the NMC register, with relevant post registration or experience;
- Experience of managing other Nursing staff, HCA and administration staff demonstrated on CV;
- Ideally has worked within one or more of the areas within the specialist environment of Orthopaedic surgery, Spinal Cord Injury care, and aspects of Pain management.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 or email firstname.lastname@example.org