Our client an NHS organisation is looking to appoint an Interim Operational Manager - Acute and Specialist Medicine Services for 6 months minimum. This role is available under a Fixed Term Contract with the Trust or could be available at interim contractor rates under the CCS NMNC Framework at Band 8b for the right candidate.
- Ensure efficient day to day processes in place to support lean operational management in the Services and across the Division.
- To lead service redesign and drive innovation and best practice across both the Services and the Division.
- To manage and develop a changing service in liaison with clinicians, managers and staff. Develop services in accordance with national targets, CCG commissioning and Trust strategy.
- Facilitate the planning process for the Services covering activity, capacity, manpower and finance, support service developments and prepare business cases, position papers, projections and other reports as required.
- Work with Lead Clinicians and Specialty Teams in the monitoring and achievement of national and locally agreed standards, including Cancer waiting times, TWR, Choose and Book and 18 weeks.
- Support the CDs, Assistant Specialty Managers and Matrons in leading the strategic and business planning for the services to ensure modern cosy efficient services.
- To lead and manage Division wide projects
Key skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of significant successful operational management experience within the acute sector
- Proven track record managing NHS teams and services at a senior level preferably within an Acute Trust
- Experience leading multi-professional teams with proven service developments plan network
- Experience leading senior teams and chairing major project teams with multi-professionals
- Proven track record of project management and implementation of successful service changes
- A strong financial aptitude and a demonstrable track record of managing budgets and developing business cases
- Able to manage & develop patient care pathways
- Able to risk & healthcare governance
- Experience of partnership working
- Business planning & development
For further details on this role, please email Toni Coates on email@example.com including your latest CV and expected rate