Our client an NHS Trust in the South East of England is looking to appoint an Interim Committee Secretary for 3 months in the first instance. This role will be at interim contractor rates under the CCS NMNC Framework.
- The Board Committee Secretary will provide high quality administrative support to the Trust Board and its committees, to ensure the effective and efficient running of the Trust Board and its principal committees, and to act as secretary to those committees.
- To support and work closely with the Head of Corporate Governance and Company Secretary in other corporate governance matters including the management of internal monitoring systems for all Internal Audit, Local Counterfraud Specialist and External Audit reports
- In the absence of the Corporate Governance Officer support the response process for requests made under the Freedom of Information Act, ensuring that deadlines are met.
Board and Committee support:
- In conjunction with the Head of Corporate Governance, manage all aspects of the business administration/ secretariat support of the Trust Board, its committees and executive committee. This will include assisting in the preparation of agendas, ensuring that papers are produced to appropriate deadlines, collating and circulating them in a timely fashion, taking accurate minutes of the meetings, maintain and following up on actions and producing summary reports from the Board Committees to the Trust Board.
- To follow up, monitor and ensure the completion of actions required by the Board and its committees.
- To ensure that proper and effective systems and processes are in place for the filing and retrieval of all Board and Board committee papers and minutes.
- To maintain the Trust’s official registers; register of interests, register of hospitality, draft summary reports and support the ongoing awareness of the policies across the organisation.
- To participate in and prepare an annual review/report of the effectiveness of the Board Committees.
- To oversee the arrangements for booking meetings, catering, presentation equipment etc.
- Assist in the arrangements for the annual general meeting as required.
- Develop and maintain the Board and Executive Team intranet and Trust website pages.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree level, although A-level or equivalent standard of education may be considered
- Experience of administration of senior level committees
- Proven ability to work without supervision
- Ability to prioritise
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience of formal minute taking at high level meetings
- Dealing with board level personnel
For further details on this role, please email Toni Coates on email@example.com including your latest CV and expected rate.