Our client an NHS Trust in the South East of England is looking to appoint an Interim Information Governance Manager for 3 months in the first instance. This role will be at interim contractor rates under the CCS NMNC Framework at interim Band 8b.
Main purpose for role:
- To lead on embedding and ensuring effective delivery of the Information Governance (IG) remit within the Trust. Working with the Trust Senior Information Risk Office (SIRO), Caldicott Guardian, Trust senior managers and staff to ensure that Information Governance strategies, policies and procedures meet legislative and best practice requirements facilitating robust assurance of the safety and security of both patient and staff personal information.
- To be the Data Protection Officer for the Trust and the subject matter expert for data protection issues, providing an internal consultancy service to both clinical and corporate service areas on compliance with the Data Protection Act (DPA), the incoming General Data Protection Regulation and information governance arrangements within contracts and information sharing agreements.
- To lead on the investigation of non-technical information governance data breach incidents and issues and act as key point of contact for liaison with the Information Commissioner’s Office for escalated serious incidents.
- Management responsibility for a team of five across the full IG spectrum, ensuring the Trust fulfils its obligation to patients and service users informing them of their rights under the DPA, and successfully processing Subject Access Requests under the Act (averaging 2000 per annum) within the statutory deadline. Ensuring the effective discharge of the Trust’s commitment to the Freedom of Information Act, both in the disclosure of responses to requesters and the pro-active publication of appropriate corporate information under the Trust’s Publication Scheme.
- Setting the Trust strategy for achieving a satisfactory level of compliance with the IG Toolkit, identifying and managing IG risks across the Trust, proposing mitigation to reduce areas of significant risk and escalating those that cannot be mitigated locally. Leading a cross-Trust working party that reviews and ensures that appropriate and robust evidence supports a timely achievement level year on year.
For further details on this role, please email Toni Coates on firstname.lastname@example.org including your latest CV and expected rate.