I am recruiting for an interim Head of Health and Safety to ensure an NHS Trust meets its obligations under Health and Safety law by developing, implementing and reviewing health and safety management systems, policies and procedures. The successful postholder will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of a Trust wide Health and Safety plan, supporting KPI's and enabling collaborative working across directorates.
The assignment is 3-4 months, based in the South East and inside IR35.
- Bringing together the cross directorate functions of Health & Safety to ensure seamless and collaborative working;
- To oversee the delivery of a Trust wide Health & Safety improvement plan and supporting Health & Safety KPIs;
- Leading the strategic development of systems and processes in the area of health and safety for the Trust;
- Support the delivery of the Trust’s strategic vision, corporate objectives, statutory requirements and other key deliverables
- Provide inspirational leadership, ensuring that Health and Safety is at the heart of the Organisation, contributing to a positive and strong safety culture;
- To advise the Executive Director of Nursing and Quality, Director of Finance, Chief Executive and the Head of Compliance and other Trust managers on perceived Health and Safety concerns, and advise on appropriate management action;
- Being responsible for the management of the Trust’s Health and Safety function and promote a safe and healthy working environment within the Trust;
- Providing inspirational leadership and promoting a positive and strong safety culture;
- Advising the Executive Directors and Senior Management Team of perceived concerns and actions required;
- Acting as the Lead Specialist in relation to regulation, policy, systems, processes and training in relation to Health and Safety.
The successful candidate:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent);
- A Chartered Member of Institute of Occupational Health and Safety (CMIOSH);
- Experienced in working in a senior advisory role;
- Minimum 3 years experience of working in a senior health and safety advisory post in a complex health setting, preferably NHS;
- Making strategic recommendations regarding health and safety issues;
- Up to date working knowledge of UK and European health and safety legislation.
Please send your CV to email@example.com or contact 0161 241 9665 for further information.