Our client an NHS Acute Trust in the South East is seeking to apppint an Interim Head of Operational Performance for their Theatres and Critical Care streams.
This role will be under an interim contract for 3 months in the first instance and will be under the CCS NMNC framework at Band between Band 8b and Band 8c.
The role is an urgent requirement and would interview and commence ASAP.
Main Expectations/Key Deliverables for the role:
- Monitor performance against all activity targets and other service objectives.
- Ensure that all national and locally agreed waiting times and bookings targets are understood and met.
- Responsible for compliance with Trust complaints procedure for all complaints received within the programme, identifying, agreeing and implementing subsequent action plans.
- Take responsibility for the programmes compliance with Health and Safety; CQC; CNST / NHSLA standards identifying, agreeing and implementing subsequent action plans.
- Take ownership of the operational delivery of cost improvement programme (CIP) work streams.
- Work closely with business partners to create professional working relationships that benefit the programme, and devise a robust performance management system within the programme
- Support the directorate team in undertaking action planning for identified areas of improvement e.g. improved capacity planning of theatre lists / outpatient clinics / treatment areas / diagnostics, improved patient access, improved use of resources (drugs / medical equipment)
Key Skills and Experience for the role:
- Education to degree level or equivalent qualification and or experience
- Proven experience of managing a significant service budget.
- Up-to-date knowledge of NHS system reform policy and other key policy drivers. (Performance Management, operating Framework, capacity planning, payment by results, independent sector development and Foundation Trust issues)
- Proven track record of successful and sustained management in an NHS Trust or similar organisation
- Successful delivery of significant organisational change
- Evidence of a track record in change management
- Experience of managing people and teams
- Experience in developing creative solutions to problems
For further details on this role, please email Toni Coates including your latest CV and expected rate to email@example.com